Micro Irrigation System under Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana (PMKSY)-Per Drop More Crop :
- ✴ To improve water use efficiency and reduce wastage, the micro irrigation works are being carried out in Tamil Nadu under “PMKSY- Per Drop More Crop” component and being implemented by Tamil Nadu Horticulture Development Agency.
- ✴ For the effective implementation of the scheme, the joint inspection of micro irrigation system installed fields along with Agriculture / Horticulture / Sugar Department officials and recording measurements are carried out by Agricultural Engineering Department.
Supplementary Water Management Activities (SWMA) under Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana (PMKSY)-Per Drop More Crop –Other Intervention
- ✴ Supplementary Water Management Activities scheme is being implemented to propagate Micro Irrigation Technology among the farming community by filling the gaps for creation of water source for Micro Irrigation near farm gate level through the following activities,
- a) Sinking of Shallow Tube Wells/Bore wells/Wells - in Safe Firkas.
- b) Installation of diesel pumpset/ electric motorpumpset.
- c) Laying of conveyance pipes.
- d) Construction of Ground Level Storage Structures.
- ✴ This scheme is implemented by the Agriculture and Horticulture Departments. The joint verification of the above completed components are carried out by Agricultural Engineering Department along with Agriculture and Horticulture Department block officials.