Maintenance of Water Harvesting Structures
- ✴ In order to increase the inflow to the water harvesting structures created by TAWDEVA in DPAP/IWDP/IWMP watersheds across Tamil Nadu, and to take up the maintenance works like removing plants, shrubs etc., and desilting in order to increase the capacity of the water harvesting structures.
- ✴ Watershed Development Fund (WDF) of Tamil Nadu Watershed Development Agency (TAWDEVA).
- ✴ All Districts (Except Thanjavur, Thiruvarur, Nagapattinam, Kanniyakumari and The Nilgiris)
Details of Works
- ✴ Maintenance of water harvesting structures created by Tamil Nadu Watershed Development Agency (TAWDEVA) using Agricultural Engineering Department owned machinery.
- ✴ Water harvesting structures created by Tamil Nadu Watershed Development Agency (TAWDEVA) under Drought Prone Areas Programme (DPAP), Integrated Watershed Development Programme (IWDP) and Integrated Watershed Management Programme (IWMP).
- ✴ The structures identified by the District level committee and approved by District Collector are to be taken up for maintenance in that financial year.