Dam Rehabilitation and Improvement Project (DRIP)
- ✴ To reduce siltation in multipurpose reservoirs.
- ✴ To prevent land degradation by adoption of soil conservation measures in catchment areas.
- ✴ To reduce soil erosion and to conserve top soil.
- ✴ World Bank aided State plan scheme
Benefits offered (Subsidy)
- ✴ Soil Conservation works are carried out with 100 % subsidy.
- ✴ Catchment areas of Vaigai dam in Theni district
- ✴ Gomukhinadhi dam in Kallakurichi district
- ✴ Kelavarapalli dam in Krishnagiri district
- ✴ Mettur dam in Salem district
- ✴ Sathanur dam in Tiruvannamalai district.
Details of Works
- ✴ Gabion Check Dams
- ✴ Check Dams
- ✴ Flood Protection Walls
- ✴ Silt Monitoring Stations
- ✴ All farmers of Vaigai, Gomukhinadhi, Kelavarapalli, Mettur and Sathanur dam catchment areas in project areas.
Officer to be approached
- ✴ Assistant Executive Engineer (AE)'s in the concerned project districts.