Installation of Solar Drying Units
- ✴ To dry the agricultural produce in hygienic manner, to value add the produce and thereby ensuring more profit to the farmers.
- ✴ Union Government - 60%,
- ✴ State Government - 40%
Benefits offered (Subsidy)
- ✴ 40 % of the total cost of the Solar drying unit will be directly paid to the farmer's account as back ended subsidy.
✴ Additional 20 percentage subsidy will be provided for small and marginal farmer belongs to SC/ST category.
- ✴ All districts (Except Chennai)
Details of Works
- ✴ Provision of Polycarbonate sheet covered green house type Solar drying units of floor area ranging from 400 Sq.ft to 1,000 Sq.ft to the farmers/ farmers groups for drying various agricultural produces viz., Oil seeds like Copra, Gingelly, Groundnut etc., Fruits like Banana, Amla etc., Spices like Clove, Ginger etc., Chillies, Moringa leaves, Curry leaves, Herbal leaves etc.,
- ✴ All farmers
- ✴ Farmers groups
Officer to be approached
- ✴ Assistant Executive Engineer (AE)’s in the concerned project districts.