River Valley Project (RVP)
- ✴ Prevention and control of soil loss and Prevention of land degradation by watershed management in the catchments to reduce sedimentation of multipurpose reservoirs.
- ✴ Improvement of land capability and moisture regime in the watersheds.
- ✴ Union Government – 60 %
- ✴ State Government - 40 %
Benefits offered (Subsidy)
- ✴ Soil and water conservation measures are executed in community lands with 100 % grant.
- ✴ Works to individual farmers are executed with 50 % subsidy.
- ✴ Project area of the selected watersheds in South Pennaiyar and Mettur Catchments in Krishnagiri and Erode Districts
Details of Works
- ✴ Drainage Line Treatment works
- ✴ Water Harvesting Structures
- ✴ Silt Detention Structures
- ✴ Land Development activities
- ✴ All the farmers in the project areas of the selected watersheds in South Pennaiyar and Mettur catchments.
Officer to be approached
- ✴ Assistant Executive Engineer (AE)'s in the concerned project districts.