Agricultural Engineering Training Centre
Agricultural Engineering Training Centre (AETC) is functioning at Tiruchirappalli since February 1982. AETC at present is headed by an Executive Engineer (AE) with three AE(AE) / JE’s as Technical staff.
Functional Duties of AETC
- To impart in-service training to the Technical personnel on the various sectors and schemes of Agricultural Engineering Department (AED).
- To enhance and update the Technical knowledge of the personnel by incorporating the latest developments in the field of Agricultural Engineering.
- Training Farmers on various schemes implemented by AED and newly developed farm technologies.
- Training Rural Youth on Maintenance of Agricultural Machineries and Equipments
Training programmes for Engineers, Technical & Ministerial Staffs
- Agriclutural Mechanisation under SMAM & NADP, DBT Portal , Geo tagging of Assets and Online reporting of Scheme works
- Soil Conservation & Water Harvesting Structures in SADP, RVP. Preparation of Proposals for KAGOVVT
- Post Harvest Technologies and Value Addition
- Land Development & MI Machineries and Newly Purchased Agricultural machinery and implements
- Green Energy techniques / Solar Pump , Solar Drier and Solar Fencing
- Building Construction and Other Civil Works
- GIS and GPS applications
- Scrutinising Estimates, Tender process, Execution of Agreements, Aprroval of Completion Reports, Reporing and Documentation
- Special Schemes implemented by AED (RPS, HKKP - GWI)
- Office Administration and IFHRMS